Monday, July 23, 2007

About the "wereporcupine" thing...

Some years ago, I visited my best friends and while sleeping over there, I had several vivid dreams.

In one of them, I was a child in a highly advanced, peaceful culture that faced total annihilation from a disaster of diluvian dimensions. I did not understand much of it, of course, being (in the dream) only a child. We children - dozens of us - were led to a large metal ship. We were told that there was a secret we would only learn after we were inside the ship and the doors were closed. We were sent through time, and during the fairly long trip we learned our secret. Each of us was given the ability to transform into an animal, chosen for us after our personality. This would make it possible for us to scout the land after we arrived, and find out about the new world we would live in, without being known by the locals.
The ship landed and we scattered in what seemed to be the present time. But when I tried to change into my animal form, which was a porcupine, something went wrong. I got stuck in a halfway form, a human shape with long, protruding spines.

I woke up and I felt that this dream was telling me something important about myself.


(More Frequently Unasked Questions as you continue to not ask...)

2 comments:

julie said...

I saw a porcupine once, ambling carelessly through a sheep field near my first college. We emerged from a little path through the woods that skirted the field, and ahead on the path was the porcupine. It was much bigger than I expected, the size of a stocky, medium-sized dog. It didn't seem to care that people were near, but then again nobody messes with a porcupine.

Your dream would make for a good sci-fi story.

Magnus Itland said...

Unfortunately, I have entirely too many unfinished novels as is. -_-;