Friday, November 26, 2010

World without end

I live in a far greater world than I used to,a world which I fear is beyond the imagination of my old friends. And surrounding my world are even greater worlds, in which the world where I live is like a bubble. This is the nature of the universe. It has not only quantities but also qualities, and we can hold only so much, each of us. The limit of the world is set by the limit of each mind. What you perceive to be the limit is not the limit of the universe, but of your mind. In the timeless words of Solar: “We fail to imagine and are punished with reality.” (Namely with a smaller, more meager reality that we think is it all.)

2 comments:

mushroom said...

This resonates with and solidifies an idea that I've been pondering recently: we are too easily satisfied. We are likely to accept the limits of our thinking, never imagining the good that God offers us beyond what we can ask or think.

A contented acceptance of where we are at the moment is good. There is no need for agitation. But we should not be satisfied, or, perhaps, satiated with our little world.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

The other thing is thank God for death. Hopefully you get somewhat wider after you die.

I'd like to get veeeerrryy wide, veeerrry deep, veeeerrry atenuated and spread out.

That would be yummy.